I was born in Manhattan, New York in 1960. I grew up in Brooklyn, Long Island and North Jersey. After attending Boston University and graduating in 1982 I attended Rutgers Law School in Camden, New Jersey.
I graduated in 1985 and began working primarily as a criminal attorney at the Law Offices of Jeffrey Evan Gold. In 1987 I moved to the firm that eventually became known as Garber, Kasten, Jarve and Mullen. I began as an associate concentrating in Family Law. In 1995 I became a partner in the firm and at the time I was practicing exclusively Family Law.
I became a Certified Matrimonial Law Attorneys. I continued with Garber, Kasten, Jarve and Mullen until 2002 when I started my own firm. In 2003 I was joined by Brian T. Reagan, Esquire and the firm Mullen & Reagan, LLC was formed. That entity ended in December, 2014 and Mullen Law was formed.
Currently I practice Family Law and Mediation, which includes divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, domestic violence, step-parent adoption and guardianships. I also handle residential real estate and landlord eviction procedures.
I have been involved in interstate and international custody disputes. I have handled divorces involving complex business interests and closed corporations. I have represented thousands of clients both male and female and my practice does not discriminate based on gender, age or any stereotypes. I seek to advise my clients realistically as to what outcome they can expect in their matter in order to have a well informed client base and keep their legal fees manageable.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Matrimonial Law, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1998
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1985
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.S.B.A - 1982
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Business / Accounting
Honors and Awards
- Early Settlement Panelist in Camden County, 1990 - Present
- Early Settlement Panelist in Burlington County, 1990 - Present
- Early Settlement Panelist in Gloucester County, 1990 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Camden County Bar Association, Member, 1985 to Present
- American Association for Justice
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 1985 to Present
- Burlington County Bar Association, Member, 1985 to Present
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 1993 to Present
- South Jersey Collaborative Law Group
Past Employment Positions
- Garber, Kasten, Jarve & Mullen, P.A., Associate / Partner, 1987 to 2002
- Law Office of Jeffrey Evan Gold, Associate, 1985 to 1987
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Services Pool Attorney, 1987 Present
- MESP Panelist for Camden, Burlington & Gloucester counties
- Court Appointed Mediator