Fairly Dividing Assets And Debts
The assets and liabilities of the marital estate represent the blood sweat and tears of the litigants. Whether both parties were wage earners or one party stayed home and cared for children, they are both entitled to share in marital assets. They are both also responsible for marital debt.
At The Mullen Law Office we understand how to fairly divide assets and allocate debt. We apply our years of experience to arrive at practical solutions regarding equitable distribution of assets such as:
- The marital home
- Pensions and retirement accounts such as 401(k)s, IRAs, etc.
- Savings accounts
- Market accounts and stocks
- Cars, boats and other vehicles
- Art collections, antiques and other heirlooms
- Vacation property or investment property
We also handle and tie up all loose ends including helping with preparation of retirement orders including and after qualified domestic relations orders (QDRO).